August 2022 update, downtime expected at 7pm EDT, 8/11/2022. Sims will resume 9am EDT, 8/12/2022
Player Development Updates
- Variation in peak/decline ages and Rating-specific development levels both designed to ensure all types of player careers are possible.
- Clearer Risk/Reward model at draft time.
- Draft List adjustments to ensure more players of interest.
- Low Minors bonus adjustment returning to similar LM impact of the past.
NOTE: All added ratings will be set to average for existing players, and will only begin with newly generated players post-update.
Extensive testing of these changes show average actual/potential ratings of starters equal or slightly higher than current leagues - many more details in the documentation linked below.
Additional updates and bug fixes
- Range calculation adjustment to more accurately factor in innings played instead of assuming 9 inning games - extra inning games matter.
- Potential ratings will no longer change in situations where actuals exceed potentials - think of potential ratings as 'draft assessments' and those don't change, even if you turn out better than they said you would.
- Runner advancement missing from PbP bug fixed
- Change position displaying incorrect ratings in dropdown bug fixed
- Inconsistent potential ratings on draft history bug fixed
Looking for more details?
Further details found here - August 2022 Update
Condensed version -
August 2022 Update TL;DR version