When will my team play its next game?
|Summary: Frequently Asked Questions About CSFBL|
Why did I get fewer than three players in the draft?
- If you have 20 players in the Low Minors (LM), the game will not let you draft another player because all drafted players go into LM. If you have 19 in Low Minors, you will still get your 1st round pick but not a 2nd or 3rd rounder. If you have 18, you will get a 1st and 2nd rounder, but no 3rd rounder.
Why aren't the statistics for my sim updated yet?
- Depending on the time of day, how many games must be simmed, whether it is a full moon or not, and so on determine how quickly statistics get updated. The results and box scores are available as soon as the game is simmed, but the actual player's statistics will be updated soon afterwards. The best way to tell whether your team's statistics are completely updated? Look on your team's news page and see if the "Player of the Game" award has been awarded yet for the last game simmed, or if it is still unknown. If it has been awarded, the statistics should be updated. If not, then be patient. :)
How do I become commissioner of a league, or change a public league into a private league?
- See http://forums.csfbl.com/
- Once that is done, the CSFBL team will take care of getting the appropriate rights assigned. It really takes us about 5 minutes to do it if you provide all of this info the first time around.
- We suggest having more than one owner in a league with commissioner powers; this provides checks and balances as well as continuity if someone is unavailable. Somewhere between 1 and 4 owners is good enough. One strategy we have seen is one owner per division in a league be given commissioner rights.
How do I create a new league?
- If you want to create a new league, you first need to solicit 24 people who are willing to take ownership of a team in your league. This should be done on the CSFBL forums (the League Announcements forum is a good place). Once you have the owners, post a message in the Community Requests forum with the following information:
- A link to the forum post(s) where you solicited members to join the league
- The new league name
- A list of commissioners (including yourself if applicable)
- Once received, a new league will be created. The commissioner(s) will be able to set the league parameters (sim rate, password, etc.) and have people start creating new teams in the league.