In CSFBL, each team has a stadium where they play their home games. You can view a teams stadium from the team homepage.
The Stadium Model
Every stadium is modeled based on wall distance and height, playing surface, and foul territory size.
- The distance down the right and left field lines and to center field is now measured in feet (approx. 1/3 of a meter).
- Distance down the LF and RF lines range from 300' to 360' (average is 330').
- Distance to CF ranges from 380' to 440' (average is 410').
- The height of your stadium walls can be set separately in LF, CF, and RF. Each wall can range in height from 3' to 40' (average is 8').
- There are five foul territory options: tiny, small, average, medium, and huge.
- Playing surface can be grass or turf.
- New teams are created with default (average-sized) stadiums.
Each of these dimensions will impact the game. Some examples:
- The larger the stadium (wall distance and height), the fewer home runs hit (but likely more triples and doubles)
- A larger foul territory, the greater likelihood of foul balls becoming outs.
- Turf infields don't slow down ground balls, allowing more balls to sneak past infielders. Grass on the other hand can slow a ball down just enough for an infielder to be able to get to it and make the play.
*Note - Turf and Grass infields will play differently after the June 2022 Update. All surfaces are expected to yield more groundouts, setting a stadium to turf will most closely resemble the CSFBL Classic model pre-update.
You can edit the stadium for each team you own, within certain restrictions.
- Inactive teams (teams that are not in a league) can edit their stadiums at any time.
- Active teams (teams that are in a league) can only edit their stadiums during the pre-season – all changes must be made before 4/2.
- Certain leagues may not allow stadium changes, and you will not see that Edit Stadium option during the preseason
Return to Overview of Team Pages