Choosing the Right League to Join
There are a variety of tools and lists that can help you find a league that fits with your style of play and level of activity.
1) The Find A League page lets you sort leagues based on the following criteria:
- Sim Speed (2 games per day, 4 games per day, or 8 games per day)
- Whether the league conducts their draft "live" on the forums, or automated through the game engine
- Does the league have a commissioner?
- Is the league is a mentor league or not? (mentor leagues are great for new users!)
- How many seasons has the league has existed?
- Activity level defined as:
- Rabid: 23+ owners have logged in 30+ times in the past 30 days
- High: 18-22 owners have logged in 30+ times in the past 30 days
- Average: 12-17 owners have logged in 30+ times in the past 30 days
- Low: 0-11 owners have logged in 30+ times in the past 30 days
2) The Transaction Activity Per League list ranks all league based on the following transactions:
- Total number of trades (note: not players traded, but actual trades. 3 players traded for 3 players would count as 1 trade)
- Total number of free agent signings
- Total number of players released
- The sum of trades, free agent signings, and player releases (chart is ranked based on this column)
- Total number of promotions to the active roster
3) The Forum Activity list ranks leagues based on how active their forums are
- Lists the posts per league for the past 30, 90, 180, 270 and 365 days
4) The Leagues with Hard Salary Caps list
- A list of the leagues (17 of them as of 2/18/16) that require all teams to be under a certain salary threshold on April 1st (or some such date) of every season.