|Summary: How the regular season schedule is created and what you need to know about it.|
About the Regular Season
Each regular season has a 160 game schedule that runs from April 2nd to September 28th. Typically, a league begins in 1981, although there are plenty of exceptions to that norm. The longest running leagues in CSFBL have completed over 130 seasons.
Structure of a Season
The 160 game CSFBL season consists of 50 three or four game series played against the 23 other teams in the league. The games are grouped together by division and conference and the schedule is structured in the following chronological order:
|Estimated Dates||# of Series||# of games||Opponent|
|Apr 2- Apr 20||5||17 or 18||In-Division|
|Apr 21- May 10||6||18||In-Conference|
|May 10- May 31||5||17 or 18||In-Division|
|June 1-June 20||6||18||In-Conference|
|June 21-July 31||12||36||Inter-league|
|Aug 1-Aug 20||5||17 or 18||In-Division|
|Aug 21-Sept 10||6||18||In-Conference|
|Sept 11-Sept 28||5||17 or 18||In-Division|
| || || || |
|Apr 2 - Sept 28||50||160||Full Season|
The breakdown of how a series and schedule is constructed can be seen below:
- In-Division Match-ups:
- Your team is facing one of the 5 other teams in your division.
- Your team plays games within your division 4 times per season, including the beginning and end of the season.
- Each series your team plays against a team in your division is either 3 or 4 games long.
- Your team plays 14 games against each team in your division. There are two 3-game series and two 4-game series.
- Your team plays a total of 70 in-division games per season.
- In-Conference Match-ups:
- A conference opponent is one of 6 teams from the other division that makes up your conference.
- Your team faces conference opponents 3 times per season.
- Each series is 3 games, so your team plays a total of 9 games per season against each conference team.
- Your team plays a total of 54 conference games per season.
- Inter-league Match-ups:
- In inter-league play, your team faces each of the 12 teams from the other conference.
- For roughly 1 1/2 months during the end of June and all of July, teams will participate in inter-league play against the other conference.
- Your team plays each team once per season for a 3-game series.
- There are a total of 36 inter-league games.